Is your version of Adobe After Effects running slow? No need to worry, here’s 25 things you can do to make After Effects run faster and perform better!
Here’s a list of things that you can do that are covered in the video:
1. Adding Power
2. Optimizing Your Processor for high performance
3. Install After Effects on an SSD
4. Save source footage, and projects on an SSD
5. Empty Disk Cache and Clean Database Folders
6. Check your graphics Card, possibly update it.
7. Update Drivers for your graphics card.
8. Change fast preview quality
9. Change fast preview preferences (Adaptive Resolution Limit)
10. Change RAM preview options
11. Close any other programs you have installed on your machine.
12. Set Priority of After Effects to Above normal or high in Task Manager
13. Obtain more Ram
14. Utilize Multi-processing (Hyper-treading)
15. Remove unnecessary or unused Assets in After Effects
16. Pre-render nested compositions
17. Lower the resolution of your preview panel
18. Disable effects that you aren’t using
19. Make Complex effects simpler, for example lowe the particles in a particle system
20. Use adjustment layers
21. Change render to classic 3D instead of Raytraced 3D.
22. Turn off any motion blur
23. Update your version of After Effects
24. Downgrade the final render quality
25. Defragment your computer
*I noticed that I mistakenly said render when I should have said RAM Preview. I’ve been spending too much time in Premiere Pro.*
Some great resources: